I really don’t understand how it’s now only the third month of 2019 because it feels like we’ve been here for yeeeeaaaars. Really though I can’t complain too much since 2019 truly is blessing us so far (hello, Jonas Brothers reunion!) and I hope that trend continues. As we welcome in March, here’s a look at how my February went.
This was an incredibly slow reading month for me. I only read 9 books, and besides two poetry collections, they were all middle grade.
- Hilda and the Hidden People by Luke Pearson – 4 stars
- Hilda and the Great Parade by Luke Pearson – 3 stars
- Drama by Raina Telgemeier – 5 stars
- Sheets by Brenna Thummler – 5 stars
- Smile by Raina Telgemeier – 5 stars
- Depression & Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim – 2 stars
- Sisters by Raina Telgemeier – 5 stars
- I Find You in the Darkness by Alfa – 5 stars
- Awkward by Svetlana Chmakova – 5 stars
Thanks to how much I read in January though, I’m at 40/50 books for this years Goodreads Reading Challenge. I definitely wasn’t expecting to already be almost finished with that goal, but I’m hoping to complete it next month. I’m undecided on if once I’ve hit 50 books I’ll raise my goal or not.
My city doesn’t normally have very many middle grade or young adult author signings or events, but the wonderful Kim Ventrella had several signings in the area and I saw her at Magic City Books on February 28! She was very sweet, talked a little about her writing process, and read the first chapter from her new middle grade book, Bone Hollow, which I can’t wait to dive into!
Since my blog is still a brand new baby there were only 7 posts this month. Musings of a (Book) Girl is now officially juuuust over a week old and I’ve had the best time working on posts and figuring out my aesthetic. Thank you so much to those that have taken a chance on my passion project and subscribed, it really means more to me than you know! If you missed any of my previous posts from the month of February, I’ve linked them below.
- Review: Just for Clicks by Kara McDowell
- Friday Jams
- Tag: 50 Things That Make Me Happy
- Review: Roam by C.H. Armstrong
- Top Ten Places Mentioned In Books That I’d Like to Visit
- Waiting on Wednesday: Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith
- Want to Read That Roundup
Y’all, I’m going to be honest, it’s been a rough month. These last few weeks my mental health has not been the best, verging on being the worst in a while. My son has a lot of medical problems, and the end of February going into March is the anniversary of some really scary things he went through last year. Logically, I know these are just days on a calendar, but the weight they carry is so heavy. I’ve been struggling with PTSD, anxiety, and depression. I’m allowing myself some grace, believing that these are all valid feelings after what we went through, but I’m not going to stop pushing and hopefully get out of this rut soon.
How was your February? Did you do anything fun or exciting, read more or less books than normal, struggle with anything? Drop a comment below so we can chat! I’d especially love it if you’d tell me what things about my blog are giving you heart eye emojis and which parts make you cringe. This is a learning process and I’m relying on your feedback to help me grow.