Today I’ll be sharing the A to Z book tag with y’all! This tag was created by Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner. Like Jamie, I would jump at any chance to fill out a survey on Facebook during my youth, so I’m really glad she created this. A huge thank you to Laura from Laura Herondale’s Book Blog for tagging me!
Also, this is my 50th post and I’m so proud of myself!!
Author you’ve read the most books from:
– Ellen Hopkins has been a favorite since high school and I’ve read everything she’s written which so far is 15 books.
Best sequel ever:
– Hands down Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Illuminae was so incredible that I didn’t think there was any chance they could create a second book as good as it was, but they did!
Drink of choice while reading:
– You’ll never catch me reading without either a Dr Pepper or an iced coffee!
E-reader or physical book?
– I much prefer physical books because they’re easier for me to read and focus on. I do have a Kindle though and I use it a lot. Sometimes being a mom makes physical books a little difficult, so my e-reader has been a huge help. Especially during the times my son is in the hospital.
Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school:
– Absolutely Adam Wilde from If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I swooned over him so hard during my high school days.
Glad you gave this book a chance:
– Historical fiction is one of my least favorite genres, so I was really hesitant to pick The Valiant by Lesley Livingston up. The publisher sent me an ARC, but it sat on my shelf for a long while before finally giving it a go earlier in the year, and I’m so glad I did! This book was so fast paced and exciting, and I can’t wait to continue the series.
Hidden gem book:
– I recently stumbled upon The Law of Loving Others by Kate Axelrod and was blown away by how good it was. It was released in 2015 and only has around 300 ratings on Goodreads.
Important moment in your reading life:
– Growing up, I mostly read older books – classic literature or things like Nancy Drew. It wasn’t until I was about sixteen that a friend introduced me to the world of YA with Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. These books changed me. They opened my eyes to an entirely new type of book that I had no idea existed, and I loved it.
– Hotel Dare by Terry Blas and Claudia Aguirre
Kinds of books you won’t read:
– Typically I stay away from fantasy and historical fiction, but there are books in those genres I’ve enjoyed. Although they are few and far between.
Longest book you’ve read:
– Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling at 870 pages
Major book hangover because of:
– Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
Number of bookcases you own:
– Five and they are jam packed full of books, plus I have some boxes filled with books in a closet.
One book you have read multiple times:
– Confess by Colleen Hoover
Preferred place to read:
– My couch is where I do the majority of my reading and it’s the most comfortable.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
– “The world is full of tears, and I’m starting to drown.” How to Make Friends with the Dark by Kathleen Glasgow
– When I first discovered book Twitter it made me feel like I had to read all of the biggest and most hyped books. I wish I had realized sooner that I should just read whatever I wanted to because books are much more enjoyable that way.
Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series):
– I’ve still only read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han and not the other two in the series.
Unapologetic fangirl for:
– I know, y’all are probably ready for me to start talking about You’d Be Mine, but it’s not going to happen.
Very excited for this release more than the others:
– How It Feels to Float by Helena Fox which releases May 7, 2019
Worst bookish habit:
– It’s rare that I go to bed before 2 or 3 in the morning because I always stay up way too late reading.
X marks the spot (start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book):
– Denton Little’s Deathdate by Lance Rubin
Your Latest Book Purchase:
– The Merciless by Danielle Vega
Zzz-snatcher book (last book that kept you up way too late):
– How to Make Friends with the Dark by Kathleen Glasgow
And that’s it! I tag Britt from Geronimo Reads, Ayushi from My Bookish Blog, and Madi from The Book Nerd Diaries! Anybody else is definitely welcome to do it too! Make sure you link me in your post so I can come see your answers!
Before you go, choose your favorite letter and answer the prompt in the comments!