TS7 is coming and oh my god I’m so excited! When she started changing her social media icons and teasing what I’m assuming is a new single I was taking a bath and I just sat there for like ten minutes crying. Then I didn’t go to sleep until 5 am because there was too much excitement running through my veins.
Pretty immediately I started wondering if there was a Taylor Swift book tag, because if there was I knew I wanted to do it, but I had trouble finding one. I found a couple of album specific ones but I was really wanting a tag that did songs from all of her albums. When I couldn’t find one I decided that it’s creation was long overdue so I present to you the Taylor Swift book tag!
- Know somebody who loves Taylor? Tag them! If you don’t know of anybody though, that’s okay too, you should still do the tag!
- Link back to this post so I’ll get a notification that you did it and I can come see your answers! Also because crediting creators is nice.
- Feel free to use any of my graphics or make your own if you want!
If I Stay by Gayle Forman gets me every. single. time.
Right now I can’t stop staring at the cover of Orpheus Girl by Brynne Rebele-Henry which releases in October!
My absolute favorite romance author is Colleen Hoover. Her book Confess is one of my all time favorites and I’ve read it maybe four times so far. Auburn and Owen are one of my ultimate OTPs. Aaaand now I’m wanting to reread it again.
This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki
I used to be a book seller and I really wish I had handled my job differently. Until joining the book community on Twitter a few years after I left the job, I didn’t realize the power that booksellers had. I was fresh out of high school, and my on-the-job training told me to look the book up in the system they wanted, take them to it, then when they purchased it try to sell them a discount card. It never occurred to me that I should be reading new titles in the genre that I loved and recommending them to people. If I could go back I’d definitely give my younger self a talking to, and I kind of hope someday to be a bookseller again, and if it happens I vow to shove as many books in the hands of as many readers as possible.
One of the books I remember reading over and over again when I was young was Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild. Classics were big in my house and this is the first in a series started in 1936. For some reason, stories featuring orphans were incredibly enticing to me.
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins is a deeply personal book for me and will always be one that stays on my shelf.
This is one of my favorite tropes and one of my favorite books featuring it is Rule by Jay Crownover.
Hi, have you read On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden yet? If you haven’t then you should really drop everything now (ha, get it?) and read it because it’s soooooo good, set in space, and gay.
I’m so awful about just throwing my books around instead of putting a bookmark in it and setting it somewhere safe. The covers and pages are constantly getting bent.
Probably my new go-to book for this is going to be You’d Be Mine by Erin Hahn. It’s the perfect book to get lost in and put me in a better headspace. And honestly, did you think I’d be able to get through an entire post like this without mentioning it?
So there it is! Thirteen (obviously) Taylor Swift songs matched with bookish themes. Down below I’ll list all of the pairings to make it easier for you to reference them if you decide to do the tag. Like I said above, feel free to use any of my graphics in your post and please remember to link back to me as well! I’m tagging the wonderful Jordan from The Heart of a Book Blogger and Emma from Awkordly Emma, but I encourage anybody that loves Taylor and books to do the tag! Also, if you like Grey’s Anatomy then be sure to check out the Grey’s tag I made!
Want more fun Taylor Swift book tags? Check out these album specific ones I found!
- Teardrops on My Guitar – book that always makes you cry
- Stay Beautiful – book with the prettiest cover
- Love Story – favorite romance/couple
- Fifteen – favorite coming-of-age story
- Back to December – biggest bookish regret
- Never Grow Up – favorite childhood book
- Red – favorite book with a red cover
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together – book you really wanted to love but couldn’t
- Bad Blood – book featuring enemies to lovers
- Shake it Off – book you couldn’t let go of
- I Did Something Bad – book confession (do you dog ear pages? destroy books for art?)
- Getaway Car – book/series you abandoned
- Delicate – book you read when you feel vulnerable