This has probably been the tag I’ve had the most fun with so far! It’s actually more of a challenge or scavenger hunt, though, and it’s definitely the one that’s been the most stressful. I pretty much forgot about every single book I owned while trying to complete it.
- Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf.
- Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
- Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
Do I have that book?
Do you have a book with deckled edges?
- I just talked about how I hate deckled edges the other day, but I do have several with them. The first one I found was A Lite Too Bright by Samuel Miller.
Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
- Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins
Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
- I took this to mean a retelling? The first one I found was Midsummer’s Mayhem by Rajani LaRocca. Read my review of this debut middle grade novel then add it to your TBR because it’s deliciously wonderful!
Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
- I’m apparently very bad at approximating what 10 letters look like because I kept picking things that were too long. I finally found a winner with Reality Boy by A.S. King.
Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
- Noggin by John Corey Whaley
Do you have a mass market paperback book?
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
- Deposing Nathan by Zack Smedley is one of my favorite books of the year! Read my full review to find out why.
Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
- I never pay attention to maps in books so it took me a while to find that Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo does have 2 in it.
Do you have a book that was turned into a tv show?
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…)
- The only thing I could come up with was An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green. I consider him being famous via vlogbrothers before writing a book.
Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
- It took me an embarrassing amount of time before I thought to check a book with the word clock in the title…. The clock on Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare may be semi transparent, but it’s there!
Do you have a poetry book?
- So many! I Hope My Voice Doesn’t Skip by Alicia Cook is one of my favorites.
Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
- Maureen Johnson is one of the authors in Let it Snow.
Do you have a book of short stories?
- My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Do you have a graphic novel?
- Graphic novels are my favorite and I have quite a few. One of them is Sheets by Brenna Thummler. If you haven’t read this one yet, check out my review!
Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
It took me 15 minutes and 34 seconds to find a book to meet every requirement. I really didn’t think it would take that long, but some of these were hard! How quickly can you complete the challenge?