Since my unpopular book opinions post was so popular (I feel like I should use a different word since I’m talking about unpopular opinions but it’s all I have) I decided to share some thoughts on movies!
Please don’t hate me after this…
- Marvel movies need to calm down. There are too many of them to keep up with and they come out way too often. They also feel too formulaic to me – I can always tell what is going to happen? I liked the Iron Man trilogy, Spiderman: Homecoming, and Into the Spider-Verse, but that’s about it.
- Divergent was a good movie! I don’t think I ever saw Insurgent or Allegiant just because life got in the way so I can’t say anything about them, but I thought the first one was well done. I’ve actually rewatched it a few times.
- DISNEY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP WITH THE LIVE ACTION REMAKES. Give us new content! We already love the animated versions and they’re perfect how they are. The remakes are carbon copies but somehow devoid of life and they’re ruining everything.
- I don’t get the hype about Princess Bride. It’s weird and annoying. I’ve seen it about ten million times and I just roll my eyes with every “as you wish.” (My husband might actually divorce me over this one. He ranted at me for like five minutes when he heard it was on my list.)
- The horse dying in The Neverending Story was just kind of a meh moment. I didn’t watch it for the first time until a few years ago. My husband was sitting beside me with tears streaming down his face and I was just like yeah, okay, moving on.
- I have never seen Mean Girls and I’m honestly not that interested. It started out I didn’t watch it because I wasn’t allowed to and now it’s just so overhyped. Yes, I get it, on Wednesdays you wear pink and on October 3 he asked you what day it was. Cool.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was the worst book in the series and therefore the worst movie. Everything was way too drawn out and it was just so boring. The only good thing about it is Dumbledore “calmly” asking Harry if he put his name in the Goblet.
Do you have an unpopular movie opinion or do you agree with any of mine? Let me know in the comments!